Friday 23 June 2006

Round of 16 - Aussie Aussie Aussie...


5am and another early morning up and at it to see the Socceroos take it to the world. This time Croatia were our targets.

I got up a touch late and was just stumbling out of my bedroom when Croatia scored in the 2nd minute of the game, not a good start.

Again I think the referee was terrible, we should have had a penalty for that Viduka hold in the box... and the handball late in the second... I couldn't believe the ref missed that!

But we made good use of the penalty we got, with Craig Moore hammering the ball home. After Viduka's two misses in previous dot shots it was good to see someone else step up.

Then there was tears when Kalac fumbled the ball and let it dribble in for Croatia's second point. Luckily Kewell was able to slot one in to equalise (though at the time I wasn't too excited as I was sure he was offside, but I'm glad luck finally went the Aussies way and the ref missed it!)

In the end the 2-2 draw was all we needed and we're into the knock out rounds, next game Italy. It will be a tough one, but with soccer you never know how it will turn out.

(pictures from www.worldcup.com)

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons