Monday 7 July 2008

Canon 40D

I finally made the decision to step out and buy myself a new camera today. I've been using a second hand Canon 300D for about 18 months now, and photography has turned from a slight interest into a full blown hobby.

For a while I've known the 300D wasn't cutting it. The photos I took for Watoto just weren't totally up to scratch, and it was tough with the slow focusing and slow writing to get the shots I wanted. Then last week on WEC Camp I took a lot of photos, and used a friends 350D - which is only slightly newer than mine but so much better.

So today I purchased a Canon 40D - and it's special! It's the next series up from the current 450D and just had loads more stuff inside!

I'm really excited and feel now I have the equipment to push my passion for photography forward. I've been playing all day, but here are just some of the shots I've got. There will be many many more....

40D - 01
Me with my new toy :-)

spirits
Just shooting stuff around the house

lightbulb
And trying all the new settings for white light balance and stuff

wilson1
Good old Wilson is always ready to pose as a model

wilson2
He really is a champ of a dog!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons