Friday 9 January 2015

Always remember what has been done for you.

Relationships are costly. Whatever it will cost you to be with God is nothing compared to what it cost Him to be with you.



It's all about perspective isn't it - but how often do we ignore God's perspective and only think of ourselves?

"It's too hard"

"Everybody is doing it"

"God doesn't care if I mess up"

"I just want to do something for me"

"I know the best way to do this"

...there are so many excuses... but all of them are flawed when we put into perspective the cost God paid for our relationship with Him.

I wonder what we can do to help each other always keep the thought of God's input into our relationship on our minds? I think we need to help each other, but as a Pastor sometimes I feel it's all I am doing... almost nagging people to remember to not be selfish.

I wish we could just get it.  I have seen places where for a period of time people have 'got it' and amazing things happen. I have experienced times in my life where I have just 'got it' and moved so readily with God that it was incredible.  I'd love to hear some practical ideas on how we can work on this together.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons