Sunday 10 April 2016

Refreshed like having a fresh wind blowing the dust away

Even as a pastor I deal with sin... at times I deal with complacency and a sense of worthlessness in my own life. Simply put I am human... and though I spend a lot of my time specifically working to build up the faith of others, sometimes I come to realise mine has wavered.

It's times like that I need refreshing. I need a retreat, or some specific time to go and work on my personal journey with Jesus.  A lot of times preparing sermons helps me in that, because how can I preach this stuff to others if it hasn't personally affected my life?  Tonight I am preaching from Romans 2 on the judgement of God, that has certainly made me reflect on things in my life at the moment.

This morning on the way to church this song came on in the car... and it was a beautiful refreshment of my spirit, because I realised it was a prayer I needed to pray to God today.

Rushing wind blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe you breath upon me,
I've been born again.
Holy spirit, I surrender, take me where you want to go,
Plant me by your living water,
Plant me deep so I can grow.  
Jesus, you're the one, who sets my spirit free,
Use me lord, glorify, your holy name through me. 
Separate me from this world lord.
Sanctify my life for you.
Daily change me to your image,
Help me bear good fruit.
Every day you're drawing closer.
Trials come to test my faith.
But when all is said and done lord,
You know, it was worth the wait. 
Jesus, you're the one, who set my spirit free,
Use me lord, glorify, your holy name through me.  
Rushing wind blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe you breath upon me,
For I've been born again.
Keith Green "Rushing Wind"

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons