Thursday 10 November 2005

Car troubles

I’ve had the roughest couple of days. Last Friday I came out of work, and my car wouldn’t start. It’s had a few issues of late, but this time it just would not go. It was a touch embarrassing calling RACQ just to get the to come to their own car park to have a look at my car. I did learn however that as a staff member I get quick service, how good is that!

Well the RACQ patrolman told me my car wasn’t getting any spark – but he was able to get it started, and I drove it home. I left it all weekend, then called RACQ again on Monday to get it started so I could drive it to Brian Byrt Ford for its repair.

Later that day I hear back that my ignition module was dead, but it was covered under the expensive used car warranty I’d bought when I got my car. All good.

Until 10 minutes later when I had another call, the mechanic told me that due to the fact I hadn’t adhered to the warranty servicing intervals and had my car serviced in a 13 thousand km period instead of a 10 thousand km one that my warranty was now void, and I had to pay for the repair.

I couldn’t believe it. The only reason I’d left my car the full 13 thousand k’s was because a mechanic at the same place told me I could leave it for 15000. I argued this with the people at Brian Byrt to no avail and had to pay for the repair on my car. The next problem was that my $700 3 year warranty was now gone after only 12 months. I rang the warranty company and explained that Brian Byrt had told me that a 15000 service scheme was ok for my car, even when I’d asked about the 10000 k issues. They said that the model car I had should be serviced every 10000k’s regardless of a warranty or not.

I was told that because Brian Byrt were at fault that they would put my car back under the warranty contract and I will be covered for the remaining 2 years, however they can’t pay for the repair yesterday.
So at least I have my warranty back, but I’m still down $200 I should not have had to pay – I’m taking it up with the service manager later today.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons