Tuesday 21 February 2006

Anti-road rage

I was driving to work today, and as usual the traffic on Ipswich Road was pretty awful. It took about 20 minutes to travel from Dinmore to Gails where I get off onto the toll road for a relaxing commute down an almost car free road.

I'd sort of been following this guy in a Toyota Camry while stuck on Ipswich Road, and passed him just before I took the toll road exit, which he also took. In the light traffic I was able to reach 100km/h and use my cruise control for a nice easy drive the rest of the way to work. Obviously the guy in the Camry had his cruise control set slightly higher and was catching me consistently over a distance. Another car was speeding and overtook him and me. As this other car was passing me we caught up to truck doing about 80k/h I had to disengage the cruise control and coast until the car passed me, the Camry was also out to over take me and the truck, with a semi trailer coming up behind him.

The guy in the Camry actually slowed down and let me merge in front of him so I didn’t get caught behind the truck doing 75km/h and waiting for the other semi to go past as well. I was able to overtake at 100k’s then move back into the left lane and let the Camry pass me. As he passed he gave a little wave (which I returned) and off he went.

A nice experience of sharing the road, especially when we see so many occurrences of Road Rage these days.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons