Monday 20 August 2007

God's Own Country


As I posted before, last week I spent time up in Central Queensland. Work trips are usually hectic and crazy, this one wasn't too bad.

On Wednesday I jumped in my hire car in Rockhampton and started my drive out to Emerald. I didn't realise it was such a long drive (274km), but the whole drive was incredible.

Inland Qld is so amazingly beautiful... the whole time I was looking at the scenery, checking out the plains, the mountains, Australia's red earth and some great Aussie wildlife. I saw dingoes, emus, kangaroos (of course) and even an echidna.


So my positive post today focuses on God, and specifically the amazing he job he did when he created our great country Australia.

During the trip I sat and watched a sunset and rise over Yeppoon and some human created scenery with an intricate rail system from Rocky to Emerald, and the huge piles of mined coal in Blackwater.

God must have had a special creative moment when he came up with our sunburnt land. It's so unique, and I love it, 100% totally overwhelmed by our magnificent country. Africa's sweeping plans are beautiful, but there's no where else I'd rather be right now than surrounded by this amazing land.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons