Thursday 8 January 2009

Weekly Photography Assignment - Favourite Photo of 2008

Over at the Digital Photography School instead of taking a photo for the assignment last week they asked us to pick the favourite shot we took during 2008.

It was a hard choice - I have a number of favourites from this year, from Top Fuel Drag cars, to sunrise over Burleigh Beach.

However below is what I finally chose. I love the children from the Watoto Children's Choir from Uganda in East Africa. They are all AIDS orphans, but the joy and passion with which they sing is inspirational.

The choir came to Whitehill in July, and I got to run around and take photos for the evening. It's actually when I decided I needed to upgrade my camera, cause my Canon 300D wasn't keeping up with the shooting I was doing.

This is my favourite photo from that night - I think it really captures the energy and vibrancy the choir puts into their performances.

dps_assignment_2008

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons