Saturday 28 March 2009

Bringing back the old tunes...

I simply cannot wait until Easter.  I've never been a big fan of the Australian Gospel Music Festival (AGMF - or now quite lamely named 'Easterfest'), having much preferred going up to Mt Tamborine for the Easter Keswick Convention.

However this year there are two simple reasons I will be going to Toowoomba instead of Mt Tamborine, and they are the reunions of my two favourite bands of all time, Audio Adrenaline and The Paul Colman Trio.

I remember the first time I saw PC3, it was their first album launch (Serious Fun), and it was done in conjunction to the Big Winter Sleepout at Boggo Rd Gaol. To raise money for the homeless in Brisbane we all were sponsored then went and spent the night in Boggo Rd, it was a tad creepy being in such an old harsh gaol but the music use to be awesome.  I loved Paul Colman that night, they were the most energetic and impromtued bands I'd seen in ages. I have everyone of Paul's solo albums as well as all the PC3 albums, including the two live ones and the not so popular American label releases.

I'd been a fan of Audio Adrenaline for longer, seeing as though they've been around since before I even got into Christian music they were one of the first bands I was introduced to as a teen.  Their songs Big House, and Never Gonna Be as Big as Jesus are probably still two of my favourite songs.  I've seen them live twice at Sonfest in Boonah, and simply cannot believe AGMF has been able to convince them to reunite for a one of show in Australia.

I really don't care about any of the other bands at AGMF this year, and don't know how much other stuff I will go to. But I still think $125 is well worth it to catch one off shows of my two favourite bands and get to enjoy them live for one last time.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons