Wednesday 15 April 2009

Easterfest - Thursday/Friday

Well what can I say.... apart from that Easterfest was great fun! Good friends + good music = good times!

Camping was a bit of an adventure, Matt and I got up to Toowoomba a bit later than expected and were left with this tiny patch of grass to pitch two tents... we ended up setting them up so they were literally opening over each other (Matt had to use a side entrance to his because the main dome entrance of his fly was covering the back right corner of my tent).

Oh and it was raining as we set up, so everything got wet; clothes, bedding, food... everything. 

Friday was the first day of the music and we travelled round the stages catching various acts until the main program started on Main Stage in the afternoon.  I was watching a friend, Bell Morrison, play on one of the smaller stages and missed most of Canadian band NewWorldSon's  first set on Main Stage, but hearing the end of it I knew I wanted to see more.  Their other sets on Saturday were amazing, and I have found myself a new band to groove along to their funky funky tunes.  If you're into Southern Gospel, Funk, Jazz but like modern music then NewWorldSon is something you'll love, their blend of music was incredibly cool.

Friday night's main act was the reunion of Audio Adrenaline! Wow it was great! Matt and I got ourselfs right down in the mosh pit, right up against the end of the cat walk and had probably the best viewing spot of the night, I got to hi-five lead singer Mark and really enjoyed being right up close to the action. I love Audio A's music, and have seen them live before, so it was amazing to know that maybe I have been present at their last ever concert.

(Photo by Trent Roullion - You can see Matt quite clearly in this photo and my head just behind his)

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons