Tuesday 14 December 2010

Trusting in the Eldership

We have a great group of Elders at City North Baptist Church.  I have grown to respect and come to a better understanding of their biblical styled leadership.

This weekend really highlighted it for me.  Our annual carols service was being held in a local park and the Eldership team had the task of prayerfully considering the situation 24 hours prior to the event and making a decision whether or not to set up all the equipment outside.

They had prayed and consulted weather sites, before deciding to go ahead with the planned outdoor carols service.  Literally minutes after hearing of their decision rain descended on my little house and continued all through the night.

Sunday morning came and the rain continued.  It drizzled the entire time we were setting up in the park and things were getting mighty muddy.  I was praying all day, seeking God's will, wondering if he was telling us to move the event indoors, or not do the event at all.  But the thing I kept coming back to was that the Elders had prayed and felt led to continue outdoors, so their faith should strengthen my faith to believe we were fulfilling God's will.  

Not only was I trusting in God, but I was trusting in the Eldership to successfully seek God's will.

I'll admit my faith wavered towards the end, as we were doing final set up it was so wet.  But just as I felt myself becoming depressed about the potential outcome blue sky broke across the horizon and within minutes the clouds had evaporated.  

The carols night was amazing, we were blessed with the most incredible sunset, and there was no rain for the entire event.  About 400 people came out to sing carols and hear the Gospel proclaimed, a lot of those not from City North.  God certainly blessed the time and the event.

And showed me to stand firm in my trust of both him and the Eldership of my Church.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons