Sunday 20 February 2011

Good Sermon Illustrations

I'm wondering if God is using just a little of that mighty sovereign hand of his to place me in some incredibly embarrassing situations... solely for the fact that in years to come they will make great sermon illustrations.

Seriously, since I've begun acting on God's call to pastoral ministry I have found myself embarrassed over and over... much more than usual.  Though not too painful these things seem quite funny, and I can always see where they might be relevant in a sermon if I ever preach on certain topics.

This morning's situation was a doozie :-p (those who were at church know what I'm talking about)

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humour?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't just leave it hanging like that. Tell us the story. :)

g said...

maybe when it's settled a little.

right now i simply can't bring myself to out this one haha

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons