Tuesday 15 May 2012

The final "My Jarrol Spot" post

Hey there everyone.

I thought I'd put this post up for all those who have followed My Jarrol Spot over the last few years. I haven't posted here since October 2011 - and I've been thinking recently about what to do with this blog.

This year I have begun working as the Youth and Young Adults Pastor at dBay Baptist Church in Deception Bay Queensland. I want to use this blog to enhance my ministry so I'm going to move it from being a personal 'life' blog to a more focused ministry blog.  With that in mind I'm also going to change the title of the blog (and consequently the URL) so if you want to keep following you'll have to update your RSS feeds.  We're currently preaching through the book of Acts at dBay and all my sermons have seemed to focus on the mission that Jesus gave his Church.  He told the disciples "I will build my church" (Matt 16:18), however in Acts 1:8 he gives the church it's mission - " But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

So with that in mind I am going to relaunch this blog as "Working on the Mission"

Thanks for the interaction over the years, I've enjoyed sharing bits of my life with you all and I hope that you'll continue to interact with this new direction I'm heading.

Cheers

Deano...

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons