Wednesday 31 October 2007

Impressionable Impreza

I'm currently looking to replace my car, the Falcon is getting old, and I'm starting to have too many problems (none very little) which are just costing me more and more money.

I'm also looking at something a little smaller. When I bought the Falcon I was using it to carry 5 people on youth group outings and camps, the extra space was really helpfull when you're going away for a few days and have 4 other people and their luggage with you. These days I'm finding 90% of the time it's just me in the car, which seems a bit of a waste being such a large car.

The only problem has been that I love my XR6, but I am coming to terms with the notion of getting rid of it.

I'd been browsing carpoint.com.au looking at later model Subaru Imprezas when I found a 2007 model with 133kms. Interested I looked into it a little more and found out the car is brand new, in Ipswich (amazing conincidence), and being run out because the new model Impreza has now arrived in show rooms.



2007 Impreza on CarPoint
I wasn't planning on buying a brand new car, but the price on this particular Impreza was amazing, so organised to go look at it, however the price was too amazing it seems, the car had sold by the time I arrived yesterday afternoon.

The salesman was really good though, he showed me the brand new model, let me take it for a test drive, did an evaluation on the Falcon and just gave me my option. He didn't pressure me on anything, knowing I hadn't particulary been planning to buy new, he even tried to find some used cars I might like but they had nothing.

I think they'd do me a really good deal on that new Impreza, but I don't think I can justify buying a brand new car, even at that price.

New Model
How's the new model Impreza drive though? Amazing! I really really liked it, the handling and grip is insane, but it doesn't quite have that exciting rigid feel my XR6 has. It's a tempting idea to own a car that's only been release for under a month, drives so well, and has one of the highest safety results in Australia.

But it's more than I had intended to spend, so I must fight the consumer within me that says spending a little more is ok...

3 comments:

Mark Edwards said...

buy it....you cant go wrong with subarus....they call them the engineers car
I used to have a liberty wagon...wish I had never sold it. It had the air suspension, dual range gear box, was awesome down the beach, pulled like a train...and did not use a drop of oil or coolant despite having done 280, 000 ks....

g said...

i still plan on buying a 2005-2007 Impreza. However the extra for a brand new is out of my leauge.

Had a few more possibilities today, will keep you informed :-)

Mark Edwards said...

can I have a drive?? :)
I have driven a wrx, what a car, did not feel like coming unstuck, despite.......

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons