Friday 16 November 2007

Schoolies Day 1

I am gone... exhausted... flat... spent... buggered... knackered... etc etc...

I started at 7am this morning in Brisbane, and was on the Gold Coast by 8:30am, I finished tonight at 9:30pm. What a long non stop day.

We had all the laptops at the MBC (Mobile Business Centre) set up in time for the 10am media conference, and got the Skoolies Self Registering ones up not long after that. We then spent the rest of the time trying to sort out hat was going on with the Beach Event Entry laptops where half seemed to work and half didn't.

I checked into my room - a two bedroom apartment I'm sharing with the MBC Driver, on the 24th floor of an apartment block right on Surfer's Paradise beach. The view is AMAZING, but I don't know what chance I'll get to enjoy it.

At 6pm we started setting up the Beach Entry Laptops... and none of them worked. We realised they'd been set up wrong, and were connecting to the network in the MBC, but not the one we'd set up on the beach. The other issue is that sandy beaches work quite a bit like a Radar Jammer... the soft and absorbent surface of the beach literally eats radio waves... so our laptops on the beach were having a hard time finding the network.

Then there was a power surge and it blew 2 of the laptops up... and then some of the bar code scanners wouldn't work. So my simple laptop set up turned into an all night troubleshooting exercise as one after another things went wrong.

So it's 10pm, I've finally got dinner... and I feel like I'm about to die after 15 hours of the most stress filled work I've ever done.

And all the guys at work thought I was getting a holiday on the coast... I wish.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons