Sunday 3 August 2008

Breakfast

Funny it seems my blog wasn't working at all yesterday, some other blogger ones weren't either so I guess it was a generic problem.

Anyway... I love going out for breakfast! Something about actually getting up to go and meet someone just makes it more of a special time than just meeting for lunch, coffee or tea... I think breaky catch ups have a completely different feel about them.

Yesterday I had breaky with my sister Vanessa, she and her husband are moving to Canada at the end of the week. Andy's company is starting a lab in Vancouver so Ness and he are going over to help get that started, and just to take the opportunity to go live somewhere completely different. Vanessa is a special education teacher so there are plenty of opportunities for her to find employment in most countries.

It's funny, Ness has been married for 2 years, and this is the first time since she moved out that we've caught up together like this. In fact I'd almost say that it's the first time in our lives that we've gone out specifically to spend time together. She's two years younger than me, and I guess there was always that 'annoying little sister' thing that neither of us ever grew out of, even up to her getting married when she was 22 and I was 24. Since she's not been at home our relationship has changed for the better I'd say, but it's still taken this long (and the impending departure of her for 12 months) to get us to plan and head out together.

Oh by the way, great little cafe called "Red Rock" at the Forrest Lake shopping centre, beaut breaky meals, DiBella coffee (but I think we had the new guy pulling the shots, a little burnt and overdrawn I think), and a nice vibe even for on the edge of a shopping centre.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons