Friday 26 November 2010

Caring that people are going to Hell...

‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels...' (Matt 25:41)

When we look out and see the majority of people in our world today do we get a pang of sadness that they are disconnected from God?   I think sometimes we find ourselves distancing the severity of eternity from our daily lives because when we live in our 'Christian bubble' we can focus only on the heaven side of it.

The people I've spent my week with so far have reminded me how much I care that people go to heaven, or more importantly that they are with Christ because they've been justified by his act on the cross.   It's a real situation people find themselves in, not simply a problem for 'other people'.

I was also travelling home yesterday when I witnessed the outcome of a fatal car accident I specifically faced the finality of death and the immanence of either eternity with or without God.  I drove by only minutes after the accident, just as ambulance and police were arriving on the scene.  The finality of that moment for that poor man was very sobering.  I don't know if he was a believer or not, but I found myself hoping he was.  It then made me wonder, how many times do we see unbelievers as the enemy?  In this case I realised that when people die it would be better if they were a Christian (since their eternity is secured), but we feel a significant tie with other Christians so sometimes hope that it wasn't, because of the pain the church would feel.  Yet in every case an unbeliever dieing is so much more tragic.

My thoughts are a bit muddled at the moment, but I hope you at least get what I'm trying to say.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons