Friday 26 November 2010

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice!

Sometimes I wonder if we focus too much on our sinfulness at Church.

I know it's important, and I know that we are totally depraved and that is what makes God's grace so unbelievably amazing.  I also know that it's only in recognising that we can't live up to God's expectation that is the starting point to understanding why Jesus had to die and accepting his gift and his rule as Lord of our lives.

All that is very important.  But there is another aspect - and that is the joy that now comes from being saved; realising that we are free, that we have a place as the heirs of God and can live in joy no matter the circumstance.

Not so many of our praise and worship songs focus on this I don't think... and those that do are often overlooked for something powerful that reminds us of our sin and the grace of God.  I think it's the one this I really miss from my time in Africa, just that unashamed joy in living in Christ - I think we need to find more of a balance in our services today!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons