Monday 23 July 2012

From Inside the Theater

The shooting at the screening of Batman: The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado was a horrible thing.  But here is a blog post from someone who was inside that cinema when the man started shooting.  Marie gives some good insights into God's actions inside that theater, and how he works in our lives when humankind screw it all up.
So I was there with them, fidgeting in my seat, some forty or fifty feet away from the man with the gun. It’s still a bit surreal, but I do know that when the seemingly endless shooting started, as my girls were struggling from whatever gas or chemical had been released, and we figured out what was happening, we hit the floor. I threw myself on top of my fourteen year old who was on the end of the row, straight up the aisle from the shooter. In that moment, as the rapid-fire shots continued, I truly thought I was going to die. And I realized that I was ready. I have put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ as the redeemer of my soul, and there wasn’t the slightest doubt that I would be received into heaven, not because of any good thing that I have done but because of His merciful nature and the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Read the rest of this amazing article here, or go view the blog A Miniature Clay Pot.

We've been having this discussion a bit at dBay, does God cause bad things to happen to help forward his own plan and agenda?  I don't think so no.  I really feel that it is only the sinful human who can do something that evil (especially in the case of the Colorado shooting). God didn't orchestrate that shooting so that Marie would have this amazing insight into who her God was.  If this motivates one of her daughters to grow up and use her life as a missionary in Africa... God didn't cause the shooting to motivate that.  The simply fact is that God is sovereign... 100%!! He is in control of everything so even when humankind go and do something evil God doesn't loose control. He didn't want the evil to happen, he didn't cause it... but his plan is still perfect and he can use anything to motivate, focus and encourage his people to act.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons