Saturday 28 December 2013

Faith or Popularity

"I very much doubt if it is possible to be faithful and popular at the same time. I fear we have to choose." John Stott
From the context I wonder if John Stott is only talking about the world, but to some extent also in the Church. It seems in many churches today that a drive for popularity often overrides a desire for faithfulness.   It's an obvious observation when talking about the world - of course they won't hold up faith views as popular.  But it is a scary proposition when we move inside the walls of the church... that faithful actions would be deemed unpopular would be a sign of unhealthy believers. Once again we must check ourselves, because the on;y person we can really change is ourselves.

I pray I stay faithful no matter what.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons