Sunday 20 August 2006

Gettin' Around...

Ok so it's been just over a week since I've blogged, that's not due to me having nothing to blog about though.

It was a bit of a mixed up week for me. I had a busy/nothing sort of week... you know where you find yourself with no time, but can't really figure out what you got done.

Last Sunday was great. Dad and I headed out to the Nostalgia Drag meet at Willowbank Raceway. It has to be my favourite event of the year (well it happens twice so my 2 fav events). Only pre 1972 Aussie and Pre 1980 US cars are allowed to compete, and it has also turned into a huge Hot Rods and Customs car show as well. I think there are about 120 pictures up on flickr of just some of the most awesome old cars Qld has to offer.

Dad and I spent nearly the whole day on the start line, chatting with the marshals, helping out the track starters, pushing broken cars off the track and cleaning up oil spills - as well as enjoying some decent burnouts from the old muscle cars.

The week was turned upside down slightly because I was suppose to start a new job on the Monday. However there was a mix up and won't start until tomorrow (I'll post on that later), so I had pretty well left my old position, and couldn't start my new one. I felt like I was in no-man's-land so I took a couple of days off, giving myself a few days rest, and a chance to get some stuff done at home.

This weekend was my Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary. So I headed up to Hervey Bay with my parents to visit them. My cousins were there, and my uncle for a short time. Last night we went out to 'Decks' on the Hervey Bay Marina for a seafood buffet feast! 2 dozen oysters, 3 crabs and about half a kilo of prawns later I was feeling pretty good. And even after travelling home today I still haven't needed anything to eat...

These last few weeks have been a touch mixed up as well because I have had a friend from the USA visiting. Natalie came from California in 2004 to work at Whitehill as a volunteer office intern for 9 months. She decided to come back and visit these last weeks, and it's been good catching up, as well as cruising through Brisbane and a few different things to allow her to soak up as much Aussie atmosphere as possible.

Hopefully life may settle down again now so I don't have to blog about everything all in one post again...

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons