Tuesday 27 March 2007

Where do I really fit in?

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough


Powerful words, I love this song. But do I really believe what I am singing? All of You is more than enough for all of me? But what about those other things I can't do without?

It's easy to say - I can do without my car if I have God - and I believe I could. He's more than enough for me that I don't need material things.

But what about loneliness? With Jesus I feel so much love, but without meaningful relationships with other humans I feel intensely lonely. Do I move churches to fill that loneliness gap? Or is ‘all of You more than enough’ so I can stay put where I am, do God’s work and stay with the social loneliness?

I know Jesus fills every hole in our heart, and I really think that if I was in the middle of Africa I could be by myself and be completely filled with God’s love and not feel lonely. Yet here, when I see the deep friendships and relationships others have and know I could have that too, I feel like I need more.

The church is Jesus’ body, his workmen on earth. If I’m somewhere and feeling like I’m all alone, but can go somewhere else and feel supported and cared for, should I move? Or rely on God being more than enough and continue doing the work God’s already got me doing where I am?

Does the church become part of the ‘all of You’ which will be enough for ‘all of me’? So if one part of the church isn’t enough… another part could be?

Confusion and long chest tightening thoughts here…………

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I remember going to church once, at this time I felt so alone I would either hide behind my mother or the powerpoint and have almost no contact with anyone really. However when I was not on powerpoint and went to church without mum... I sat. Alone. No-one came and sat with me. The sermon was great and the worship was fantasic, I felt so close to God. But...I could've easily gone the entire service without speaking to anyone, only smiling at a few of my mums friends. I've had never felt so socially dead.

Anyway, at the end of this one particular service, I was quite upset and sooooo not showing it (ok maybe a lil) that no-one wanted to talk to me. Then, something changed. This really sweet guy came up and asked me why I was sitting alone, and suggested that I sit next to him next time. It meant so much to me but for all he knew, he was just being friendly.

So I guess what I'm saying is even though you feel alone - There are people wanting to let you into their life just waiting on the outer rim for a chance to jump in and say "sit with me next time" and for some people just talking to you can be the difference between alone and included. :P

btw... I love those lyrics S2

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons