Monday 7 April 2008

Back in the Groove (a funky funky groove)

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about drumming for the first time at City North. I felt pretty bad about how I played that night, a unfamiliar drum kit, playing with people I hadn't before just left me feeling like I hadn't found a groove or played very well at all.

Well we had the City North Young Adults camp last weekend (post and pics to come) and I was asked to take my kit up and play in the music team for the weekend.

It was great! Just 3 of us, an acoustic, a bass and myself. But we really rocked out! Then I was on for the Sunday night service last night so was able to use my kit straight from camp.

I played with an old mate Ben King (some may know him from bands like The Last Resort, or The Smashing Bumpkins) who worship lead. Ben has an awesome way of leading a service, and we did some good old choruses like "I Walk By Faith" and a "Celebrate Medley" (I Will Celebrate, Come on and Celebrate and Celebrate Jesus Celebrate) which we overly rocked up...

Needless to say I think I found a very funky groove last night and played really really well. It's so good finally feeling at home in a group of people, feeling accepted, and finding ways to use my gifts for the betterment of the group as a whole.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons