Wednesday 9 April 2008

Weekly Photography Assignment

Assignment: News

It doesn't matter if your Black or White.

A Michael Jackson impersonation contest turned ugly last night when a white man caused animosity by dressing as an 80's version of Jackson.

Michael enthusiasts claimed that this was not a correct portrayal of Jackson from that period and if Brisbane resident Cameron Smith wanted to enter the competition he should have dressed as a 90's to present version of the famous singer.

"I didn't think much of it," Mr Smith says; "Thriller is my favorite album of all time, and I spent weeks learning the moon-walk [famous Jackson dance move], I just wanted to be part of the show."

Official judges of the competition allowed Mr Smith to participate in the competition, but as an exhibition dress up only, even so, many members of the Michael Jackson fan club booed and threw their white gloves onto the stage as Mr Smith walked on.

The eventual winner, South African Jackson fan Lammin Moray said "it's all in good fun, but I would have been annoyed if a white 80's Jackson had beaten my original Thriller dance act."

DPS_Assignment_News
Cameron Smith shows off his moon-walk

________________________________________________

P.S - so I made up the news story to go along with the assignment this week. But it sounds like something one of the local newspapers would run, with that type of photo so I thought it met the assignment with a bit of fun along the way.

The photo is of an 80's dress up night on the City North YA camp, thanks to Mostyn for dressing up as the 80's Michael Jackson, which gave me this idea...

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons