Thursday 24 April 2008

Surrounded By His Love

Ever have one of those moments when you're totally washed with the love of God? Suddenly you are overwhelmingly aware of how much God loves you, how simple, yet deep and everlasting, that love is. You can be leading a hectic life, worrying about so many things, even dwelling on matters of faith when all of that is pushed aside as God turns up just to tell you He loves you.... and that's really all that matters.

Driving home last night I had an experience something like that. I'd had a real bad day - work was crap, so many things had been put upon me I really didn't want to do, and I just felt the whole work day was like trying to crawl through sticky mud. Driving home I was listening to the tunes on my iPod through the car stereo and kind of venting and trying to sort out where my life was heading.

I noticed a new song starting, one I'd heard many times before, but I didn't recognise the intro. It was a nice simple piano intro that for some reason out of all the music I'd been hearing, and not really listening too this really caught my attention.

It was a song by The Lads called "Call My Name"

Lord I have failed you every day that I remember
I've brought upon you shame, and tarnished your good name
Lord how I've betrayed you, every day that I remember
But you don't seem to care, you just love me standing here

Anyone but you, would walk away
Oh if they really knew

You call my name
You call my name
You call my name
And I'll never be the same

Nothing I can say, could ever make you turn away
You're constant like the ocean, refreshing like the rain
Lord, I want to take you as my saviour and my King
You don't ask to much, you just want my everything

Take what I've broken
I leave it all with you and start again

You call my name - I have nothing
You call my name - I can give you
You call my name
And I'll never be the same

You call my name - I have nothing
You call my name - I can give you
You call my name
I can't take this love away

Every single day
I'm carried and I'm taken by the way

You call my name
You call my name
You call my name
And I'll never be the same


The at the end they change into "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" and then Mark Millard reads from Romans 8;

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God..."

I was totally drawn in to the whole emphasis of this song (one I'd heard many times before but has never really had any effect on me before), and God just seemed to be sitting there in the car with me telling me He loved me.

Just a simple idea, with such an amazing consequence and strong passionate feeling of warmth... God loves me!

The crap I'd been through in my work day suddenly seemed insignificant and something I could handle without much effort at all. The guilt of sin lifted, and bitterness faded away. God's love really does fix everything, it's as simple as that - we just need to be in a place to receive and understand it.

And yes - I really could sing of his love forever!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons