Friday 27 June 2008

African Lullaby

African Lullaby
Watoto Childrens Choir

Who will sing my lullaby?
Who will hold me when I cry?
When I awake and no one's there?
Who will sing my lullaby?

One straw matt
Two sisters, one brother
Our Father is gone
Now we cry for our Mother
Who will protect
And watch through the night
Who will be there
To blow out the light

Who will sing my lullaby?
Who will hold me when I cry?
When I awake and no one's there?
Who will sing my lullaby?

Will you sing me my lullaby?
Will you hold me when I cry?
When I awake will you be there?
Will you sing my lullaby?


watoto 071WOW! Haunting words. Especially when sung solo by a 10 year old little girl who's lost both her parents because of HIV, then backed up by more children from the same fate.

I was just listening to the CD I bought the other night, and this song has reduced me to tears, just hearing the choir sing that song sends such passion to my heart for the children of Uganda and the rest of Africa.

I feel so lazy here in Australia, yet so unworthy to go work in Africa.

I pray God heals me and moves me to his will!

2 comments:

Pèsol said...

It's a lovely song. Thanks for the lyrics. I was looking fot it in the net. I sung this incredible song with my pupils in the school.They have to know that thinks are not easy for the african children..
I'm happy to meet your blog!
Thank you!
Beth

Christina Brown said...

Love the photo of Victoria & Junior behind her. Miss these children. African lullaby is a beautiful song & the lyrics are so true.

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons