Sunday 15 June 2008

Certain Location...

WEC Camps are coming up soon and we had the training night for leaders last night. It started off with a BBQ at WEC HQ in Clayfield.

It's been so long since I've been to that amazing old Queenslander at Clayfield... such a fine old house and even though the BBQ was down around the side I had to sneak away and just go have a look inside the main rooms of the house.

They're doing renovations to the place at the moment so inside was a bit of a mess but I just stood inside that great old lounge/theatre and memories from the past swept back. WEC Camp reunions, Missionary Cafes and Rally nights just filled my mind. Many Saturday nights of my late teens were spent in that room, listening to young people about to go on a mission trip, hearing tales of long years of service from WEC missionary or just joining with old friends from camp and having big long sing-a-longs.

It was a bit sad realising this wasn't happening any more (later that night I heard the plan is to start it again which is really exciting), but it also just felt like such a bit of my life long gone.

I love WEC House, there's a special part of me I've left there... and a certain feeling I get whenever I go back. I wandered from the lounge room back towards the front door and looked in on the bedroom I stayed in during my training for The Gambia... the room is now an office which took me by surprise as I remember it with a big old bed and huge chest-of-draws.

Is there a certain location that for you brings back old memories? Or maybe just leaves you with a quiet smile on your face - kind of like the one I had when I walked back outside and back to the BBQ feeling totally refreshed just by taking a walk in a special place...

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons