Friday 13 June 2008

Good Photography

Oh did I mention the other day that I think this is one of the best photos I've ever taken?

Took a couple of runs to get the timing right, and even then I'm stoked at how clear it came out!

winternats09

Also made this my DPS assignment for this week - topic just happens to be 'sharpness' and I think with the effort taken to get the shot and the sharpness of the actual dragster it fits well.

Just to describe the task at hand... this car travels from 0 to over 500 kmph in under 5 seconds. That's 0-100 in just over a second! This particular run was a 4.83second quater mile pass!!! Amazing machine.

I was down on the side of the track, using my 75-300mm lens trying to get a more straight on shot for the sharpness. The noise, and reaction you get when these things take off make it real hard to keep your composure to shoot. Actually I was virtually blown over as it went past me!

1 comment:

Gareth Williams said...

Nice shot. It's a great feeling when you get the "decisive moment.""

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons