Tuesday 26 April 2011

Since when has being rude become funny?

It's probably due to the latest stand up comedians with their rude and abusing content during their shows, but I'm noticing more and more that in an attempt to 'be funny' people (mostly at church) are just being blatantly rude.  Other's then laugh and they feel they've produced a good time.   However I think the receiver of the rude remark hardly ever finds it funny at all (even though they may laugh - just to hide it and fit in).

I think as Christians we really need to think about what we say to other people.  Being rude is simply being unloving, it is not funny.  I find more and more that I am not laughing with people, but simply wanting to walk away when they start their 'comic' routines.  Maybe I should start saying something, because it's only getting worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. We're called to a higher standard.

The worst thing is if people are challenged on such behaviour the answer is, "I was only joking", as if that should excuse bad behaviour.

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons