Thursday 8 February 2007

DJR Secures Future in V8s

Ok so it's not the best photo, but it's the only one I could find. Weeks before Dick Johnson was going to have to shut the shop on Australia's longest running racing team, Jim Beam turned up as the new naming rights sponsor.

“I can’t tell you how excited we are to have an iconic brand like Jim Beam on board. We have done it tough for the last couple of years, so it’s great to be associated with a mega brand like Jim Beam for the next three years. This is the start of a new era for DJR and I can’t wait to get racing!” Dick Johnson said.
I have been a Dick Johnson fan ever since I was about 2. I loved watching him race his Green Tuf XE Falcon and Shell Sierra, and at Bathurst in 2005 I finally had the honour of meeting him. So I was really dissapointed when I heard that DJR was probably exiting the series... so this new era of proper sponsorship is going to be exciting, especially with Will Davison's performances at the end of last year.

Full Story: http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/latestnews/newsdisplay.asp?Ind=M&gid=30276733

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons