Tuesday 19 June 2007

New Paul Colman Solo Album

Yes that's right. Aussie singer/songwriter Paul Colman is releasing another solo album. After 12 months in the Newsboys Paul has felt it's the right time to release a 'different' sort of album;
“I started making a singer/songwriter album but after about a month I stopped because it just didn’t feel like the right time to make this kind of record. These songs are still around and I will definitely record them sometime. After a few months to consider what I would do I started getting very excited about making a very different kind of record. I am now 3 months into a record where I am recording 10 cover songs. These are songs written by other people. They are songs that I really connect with and feel I can do something very original with. It has been really really fun. I am not going to say which songs I am doing but I can tell you that I am recording songs by Delirious, Larry Norman, Reuben Morgan, DC Talk, Whiteheart and Michael W Smith among others. Classic hey?"Paul Colman ~ www.paulcolman.com
I have to say I'm probably one of PCs biggest fans, I absolutly loved PC3 (Paul Colman Trio) and they are still some of the most played songs on my iPod.

I've loved Paul's work in Newsboys, and got to catch them live at AGMF 06, but I'm really happy to see another solo album coming out. I also quite like the idea of covers of songs that have meant something to him.

I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Rodney Olsen said...

I'm certainly looking forward to that one.

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons