Monday 25 September 2006

Recharge 06

www.recharge.org.au

I spent this past weekend up on Mt Tamborine at the 2006 Recharge Young Adults convention.

I was really looking forward to the weekend, I've had some pretty stressfull weeks at work, and I was looking forward to a break. I also had some personal issues for wanting to get away, and specifically get to Recharge.

Looking back on the weekend, those personal issues weren't resloved, but inflamed. Not sure if I want to put too much up here about those yet. However the studies, speaking and opportunities to corporatly worship God were challenging, humbling, inspiring, inquisitive and mind/faith stretching.

Over the next couple of days I want to put up some posts about a few aspects of the weekend.
  1. The key-note speaker Tim Manders' messages on Radical Discipleship
  2. The 4 electives I took part in, Christocentricity - putting Jesus back at the centre of our agenda's (Stan Fetting), God of the Car Park (Stan Fetting), Risk and Love (Belinda ???) and McChurch (Belinda ???)
  3. Andrew Sercombes attitude to Worship and leading the music for the weekend
  4. Some personal reflection on the social and practical environment created at this Young Adults event.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons