Wednesday 11 April 2007

Catching up with Friends...

There’s 2 people I’d really like to mention that I just had the best time catching up with over the Easter weekend.

First off, for those who’ve read my blog for a while you may remember my mate Jono. Last year he had a motorcross accident and broke his neck. Doctors said he’d never walk again, but he proved them wrong in just over 2 weeks – it was amazing to see him recover so quickly and I was able to visit him every week of the 3 months he spent in hospital. But I’d only seen him once since then until last weekend.

If you didn’t know Jono, or hadn't heard about his accident you would have no idea that he’d ever broken his neck (especially in the last 12 months!) He’s back out in Chinchilla working as a School Chaplain and still loving it. It really was a blessing to get a chance to hang out with him, and even kick a footy with him.

The other person is someone I haven’t been able to see a lot of for the last few years because she’s been living so far away – for the last 18 months Wendy has been teaching at Hebron School in India, and before that she was teaching in Bowen. I grew up admiring and being encouraged by Wendy (who is 3 years older than me), she was always the girl at Youth Group everyone looked up to, and personally her Christian walk was something I always aspired to follow, just because she was such a servant-hearted person with a deep relationship with Jesus.

Wendy’s home just for 10 days, Carol, her sister, is due to have her first baby so she’s come home to hopefully be around for that. Just seeing Wendy is a joy, but to get a chance to sit and have a good chat, and a pretty competitive game of Taboo was probably the highlight of my weekend.

Something Rodney said over on his blog is so true…

After all the years I've been on this earth I'm still amazed by just how good it is to catch up with friends. We spend so much of our time trying to achieve things that will never satisfy and we leave less and less time to connect with the people that are important to us. I hope you took time out over the Easter long weekend to reconnect with friends.
Well Rodney I did, and I appreciate their friendship so much it made my weekend (and year!!!) to see them again!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons